• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atomicjoe23

atomicjoe23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:26 AM

I'm saving to buy a YFZ right now and I'm starting my research ahead of time so that I can check/correct any issues common to these quads when I first get the bike. . .

So far I've learned about the two bolts that can be loose, cleaning the oil screen inside the engine, and the oil mod for the '04-06 machines. . .what other common issues are there that may need immediate/in the very near future attention after a purchase for these quads?

New to quads, but I've been riding sportbikes for about 10 years now and while I was working out the dealer and servicing/test riding all the new bikes prior ot delivery to the new owner I decided that these quads were probably the funnest thing in the entire dealership and I need to get myself a new toy so thanks for helping a newb out!!!!

#2 btizzle

btizzle

"Number 2"

• Lifetime member Green
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

I'm saving to buy a YFZ right now and I'm starting my research ahead of time so that I can check/correct any issues common to these quads when I first get the bike. . .

So far I've learned about the two bolts that can be loose, cleaning the oil screen inside the engine, and the oil mod for the '04-06 machines. . .what other common issues are there that may need immediate/in the very near future attention after a purchase for these quads?

New to quads, but I've been riding sportbikes for about 10 years now and while I was working out the dealer and servicing/test riding all the new bikes prior ot delivery to the new owner I decided that these quads were probably the funnest thing in the entire dealership and I need to get myself a new toy so thanks for helping a newb out!!!!

you wont have any problems w/ a new one..

Just keep the thing maintained and all of the bugs will work themselves out. You will either be lucky and have no problems like me, or you will be unlucky and have a piece of shit..

#3 Meibs

Meibs

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

you wont have any problems w/ a new one..

Just keep the thing maintained and all of the bugs will work themselves out. You will either be lucky and have no problems like me, or you will be unlucky and have a piece of shit..

lol...bought a 07 brand new few weeks ago and it bogged like crazy the first time..had to jet it cuz i was told it was running lean..they come stock like that i hear...so we will see how it does next weekend when i try and ride.

#4 07RIDER

07RIDER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

lol...bought a 07 brand new few weeks ago and it bogged like crazy the first time..had to jet it cuz i was told it was running lean..they come stock like that i hear...so we will see how it does next weekend when i try and ride.

yea and i heard about the "zip tie trick" and putting in a #35 leak jet will rid of the bog, going to read up on it more today. and i second what btizzle said you shouldn't have any issues with a 07 and up to worry about, i have had mine for 2 years and nothing yet.

Edited by 07RIDER, 05 September 2009 - 08:50 AM.

#5 Meibs

Meibs

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

yea and i heard about the "zip tie trick" and putting in a #35 leak jet will rid of the bog, going to read up on it more today. and i second what btizzle said you shouldn't have any issues with a 07 and up to worry about, i have had mine for 2 years and nothing yet.

yea i have not had any problems yet either...the jetting worked, but maybe needs a little tweaking for when i ride the track, but other than that it runs fine. May have to do zip tie, kinda bogs when i try and gun it around the corners in track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users