• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 roostinu

roostinu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

what do you guys recommend for my 05 450? I have stock cdi, esr intake and hmf exhaust. Want something different. need more power. Have a 98mm piston, 06 crank, head has been done, hot cams. any idea's?

#2 sandbum

sandbum

YFZ Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

what do you guys recommend for my 05 450? I have stock cdi, esr intake and hmf exhaust. Want something different. need more power. Have a 98mm piston, 06 crank, head has been done, hot cams. any idea's?

Whats been done to the head?

#3 roostinu

roostinu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

Whats been done to the head?

As far as I know it's been ported and polished. Still has stock valves. I bought it from alba. they did all the motor work.

#4 wrekd450

wrekd450

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Fast Audi's and Vdub's. YFZ's of course

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Tell you what i have that beat a stroked 480... ESR intake is killer, power now, the right jetting, and with your port job you should definitly get a high comp piston. Dynatec ignition and ron woods exhaust

#5 rednbluerider

rednbluerider

YFZ GENIUS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

How high of compression are you running? Bump that up if its low. Get your head checked out to see if anythings left in it. Then finally get your carb bored out and possibly a better exhaust...Dasa or Nmotion do the job just fine.

#6 roostinu

roostinu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

How high of compression are you running? Bump that up if its low. Get your head checked out to see if anythings left in it. Then finally get your carb bored out and possibly a better exhaust...Dasa or Nmotion do the job just fine.

It's 12.5:1. Do you know of a good shop to send my carb too?

#7 r1yfz

r1yfz

R1YFZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:01 AM

id go to a 14.1 piston...serdrum bores carbs on here for pretty cheap.... n-motion exhaust, fci intake

#8 roostinu

roostinu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

id go to a 14.1 piston...serdrum bores carbs on here for pretty cheap.... n-motion exhaust, fci intake

What cdi should i use?dyna? programable, non-program?

#9 Oregon Duner

Oregon Duner

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

What cdi should i use?dyna? programable, non-program?

a dyna, otherwise stick with your stocker. programmable is nice if your going to put custom curves on it which i recommend, i did and it was nice, otherwise the non-programable will do

#10 yamahaman623

yamahaman623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

not to interrupt your topic but were can i get my dyna reprogrammed at because i dont want to do it myself.

#11 Tate

Tate

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime Member Blue
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

not to interrupt your topic but were can i get my dyna reprogrammed at because i dont want to do it myself.

mmad, kbr you can try kenz or racers edge out of az

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users