• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#41 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

No need to be sending any pipes now as it is far to early to be sending them to me. I only want them about a week before the actual test that way the folks who send me their pipe will not be with out their pipe for very long.

I will contact every one through pms or in this thread and let everyone know when the test will be and when I need their pipe by.

Also if when people do send me their pipes, let me know if that perticular pipe has any kwirks or anything I need to know before mounting it up. Like the ESR that needs a lower coolant line relocation to clear the tight bend header. That just makes it easier on me B)

Edited by tersejr, 09 December 2006 - 08:06 PM.

#42 airforce 1 racing

airforce 1 racing

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

it's great you are doing this test.i would send you my nmotion pipe but it won't fit in a stock chasis.i have a friend that has a couple of sets of tires but they are like 25's.are they to big for you on the dyno.

#43 airforce 1 racing

airforce 1 racing

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

yea thats drews bike :clap:  I bought that pipe in the picture off him. :bzr:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what did he put on his?

#44 #8trx450r

#8trx450r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

I just PMed the guy about that pipe. I really want to test it but I ain't buying a "new" pipe just to test it. Unless he wants to donate one or "maybe" I will buy one and if I do not like it get my money back and return it, but that ain't to fair to him...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eric, I cant afford to send a New pipe out and get it back Used Bro, that just wouldnt make any good sense. I would love to help , really I would but I am up to my elbos in this Head testing on ATVTech.net so all my spare cash, time and favors are spent.

I'll pm you for sure if it falls through.

We will see what Corey decides on the GYTR. I have the money to buy it, but I do not want to buy a "new" pipe and then have to sell it at a loss.

Maybe I will though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may be able to hook you a decent deal on one Eric to try and help you Yammy Guys out but I have no extra cheddar right now as I explained above. I will work with you the best I can though. Hopefully you win the Raffle for the Rossier and then you will have that for the test, Chances look good there aint many entered yet.

Eric PM and we'll work something out possibly B)

Corey

Edited by #8trx450r, 09 December 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#45 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:09 PM

Thanks Corey :clap:

I might end up buying one from you, but I haven't decided yet. I hate asking for price favors as that type of thing can look bad against me in the testing, but if I buy one, I would like it to be fair to me and fair to you. I am not asking for you to give me one free for testing or even half off... just so you know. Actually I think the resale on it (if I decided to sell it :P ) I think would be pretty good.

I plan to, when the time gets closer, to gather up the pipes of those who want to send them in and the ones I have, and then maybe get a poll as to which pipes out of the many that people want to see tested. There is only so many hrs in a winter long day :techBones:

How is that head test coming?

#46 mB2

mB2

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:22 PM

[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]

i'm actually curious about the head test myself, thanks for bringing that up tersejr! :thinkerg:

when exactly is the test date, i don't frequent atvtech that much, but i would definatly like to keep an eye on this test. :party0009:

#47 #8trx450r

#8trx450r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm actually curious about the head test myself, thanks for bringing that up tersejr! :thinkerg:

when exactly is the test date, i don't frequent atvtech that much, but i would definatly like to keep an eye on this test. :party0009:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are Flowing Heads now and waiting on other heads to get here to be flowed, once they are all done and everything is recorded it will be dyno time. Hopefully all the heads that are comeing will be here and we can get things rolling in a couple weeks.

My fingers are crossed

Edited by #8trx450r, 09 December 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#48 alba450

alba450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:59 AM

We are Flowing Heads now and waiting on other heads to get here to be flowed, once they are all done and everything is recorded it will be dyno time. Hopefully all the heads that are comeing will be here and we can get things rolling in a couple weeks.

My fingers are crossed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Terse Let me know when you plan to do this test as I'll be itching to ride my quad in 07'. Im hoping to start the new year on a good note.

If we can plan this right ill send you the pipe the monday after a weekend of riding. . . and two weekends later I would be up and running again. I need two pipes, and this test might just help me decide :party0007:

I've been curious about the head port job and flow test I received last year from Max Power. Does anyone know if they do a decent job, and if they are the ones that even do the work, or is it sent off?

If I could do it over again I can think of at least 5 places I would have done the work.

#49 bulitt

bulitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:29 AM

Any interest in trying a Duncan Racing exhaust system? Actually if you were to buy the new GYT-R pipe I might be willing to buy it off you if you didn't want it. It's what I'm leaning towards getting anyways.

#50 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

Any interest in trying a Duncan Racing exhaust system? Actually if you were to buy the new GYT-R pipe I might be willing to buy it off you if you didn't want it. It's what I'm leaning towards getting anyways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly. I actually think that the Duncan would be a great low to mid pipe... I will keep it in mind.

I am still thinking about buying that new GYTR and possibly selling it after. I just won't need 4 pipes for 1 yfz.

Yes, I know... "just buy another yfz :techBones: "

#51 smoktf250

smoktf250

YFZ GENIUS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

Possibly. I actually think that the Duncan would be a great low to mid pipe... I will keep it in mind.

I am still thinking about buying that new GYTR and possibly selling it after. I just won't need 4 pipes for 1 yfz.

Yes, I know... "just buy another yfz :techBones: "

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eric Ill help you perform this test. Plus we can test my drag gp, joshs woods pug, and maybe jason's pulse charger.

#52 Vital

Vital

Just a Little Stock Bore/Stroke YFZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

I'm looking forward to this test. It's an awesome thing you're doing tersejr and we all appreciate it. Anyone have any predictions?

#53 fuelcustoms

fuelcustoms

John Holmes stunt double

• Vendor
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:HAIR PIE!

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

I think everybody will be suprized with the new gytr. Ive tested a million pipes and for being how quite it is and the performance it makes , I dont see why you would want a loud pipe.
Ters, goodluck with this test, thanks for doing it, cant wait to see the results.

Edited by fuelcustoms, 10 December 2006 - 01:19 PM.

#54 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

Cal.... why not bring your yfz to the dyno? :clap:

Test the PC huh? Hmmm.... not sure, even though I would like to test it, since no one can really buy one, or the insuing replacement parts :idiot: Why? :techBones: I like that pipe, just would like to keep the testing to pipes people can still get or get parts for.

Think of it like this with the jetting and testing each pipe will require if I get 3 pipes done in 1 hr I am doing great. Still I counted 9 pipes for sure I will test but looks to be around 11. That is atleast 5hrs just in that, not to mention the time I will be charged to set up the dyno and bring the motor up to temp. Could be a 7-8hr day. Sounds expensive to me.

My prediction atleast about the GYTR is that for the sound (which I can't test strapped down inside a trailer) will have the best power. I believe Nmotion 9" and the shorty big core Sparks will be the best for peak/ all around pipe.

The pug and GP out of frames? Good question. A very short exhaust pipe (pug) against a long out of frame..... might have two very different curves to them.

The GYTR best for power to sound ratio.

Oh ya forgot another prediction: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

Edited by tersejr, 10 December 2006 - 01:36 PM.

#55 smoktf250

smoktf250

YFZ GENIUS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

When are you planning on doing this? So I can plan on coming down.

#56 smoktf250

smoktf250

YFZ GENIUS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:54 PM

I didnt really think about that for the pc :P

#57 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:29 PM

Mid to late January.

#58 JJONES660

JJONES660

keyboard warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts
  • Interests:yamahas, beer and boobies

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

id let ya test a PC of mine but its kinda pointless cause i dont think they are even available anymore...

regardless of the past drama ive had good luck with mine and will run it till it has completely fallen to shit :mhihi: after that i dunno what ill run...maybe the felike

#59 tersejr

tersejr

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime member Green
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

id let ya test a PC of mine but its kinda pointless cause i dont think they are even available anymore...

regardless of the past drama ive had good luck with mine and will run it till it has completely fallen to shit :mhihi:  after that i dunno what ill run...maybe the felike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: You'll run what ever does the best on my motor :mhihi: Seeing how they are so similar :P

#60 alba450

alba450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

If you want to run a trinity pipe my buddy might be able to send you one. I think it will out perform everyone by at least 25hp's :mhihi:

Honestly id like to see the numbers on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users