13 replies to this topic

#1 shustack

shustack

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Well i only have a hand full of rides on his +4 Ladder Bar swingarm and its busted, i dont mx. He had his swingarms listed for mx, trails, hills, dune, drag, etc. I should have took pics of his website but the fu*cker appearently closed it down. I sent a email, no reply, called and left messages no call back or and response at all. I bought it back in April 2012 and it sat on the shelf after powder for a while but the first ride was October 2012. With only trail riding and hill climbing maybe 20 rides and it broke, i couldnt figure out how it held up to mx. So im out 500 bucks,400 swinger, 50 bearings, 50 powder and my time and inconvience. Also the money, time, bearings, powder etc to replace it. Welp thanks for the fu*king ya gave me! BEWARE

Link to build thread for proof of when bought and built on yfztech also when it started and was completed. http://www.yfztech.c...showtopic=27821

What use to be his website. http://bafabrication.com/

This was still active of last week till today when i finally got time and decided to post bad feedback. Gave the benefit of the doubt and waited for 2 weeks trying to contact and nothing.

swinger2_zps6d9f122e.jpeg

swinger3_zpscefb00f9.jpeg

swinger_zpsbd781b68.jpeg

swinger4_zpsb87e8ee6.jpeg

#2 lilguy450

lilguy450

Part out king

• Lifetime Member Pink
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

sucks! if your looking for another swing arm manufacturer, give Stellar machine and performance a call. Tim is a great guy and does awesome work!

#3 beastieboy

beastieboy

YFZ GENIUS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I've had great luck with Anthony's quality of arms but as a business man I wouldn't recommend him. Sorry yours broke call Brindley at Hansen performance he can build you a arm or I've got some Stellars from Daniel@ Outlaw innovations. Good luck and glad no one was hurt

#4 ferocity02

ferocity02

Wiring Guy

• Vendor
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Be built me a sweet arched 660 arm awhile ago, quality and welds were amazing. But unfortunately I have not used it yet so I can't comment on strength.

#5 KyleHartman

KyleHartman

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

I've had great luck with Anthony's quality of arms but as a business man I wouldn't recommend him. Sorry yours broke call Brindley at Hansen performance he can build you a arm or I've got some Stellars from Daniel@ Outlaw innovations. Good luck and glad no one was hurt

x2 stellar from daniel at OI! Daniel is a great guy! that rear carrier housing on your arm just looks scary and weak

#6 MineURBiz

MineURBiz

Resident Asshole

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

That arm would never  hold up to MX period lol

Stellar

Metal Tech

ACE

LSR

there are a lot of good options from reputable builders.

#7 Daniel@OI

Daniel@OI

YFZ God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

that carrier housing is the first clue that its not designed for heavy duty use, generally a fully enclosed housing is used in those types of applications. be happy it didnt turn out worse, at least you walked away uninjured. 

#8 dylan

dylan

YFZ GENIUS

• Lifetime Member Neon Green
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

were u jumping with this? carrier housing looks like drag only.. just bc he advertises drag/dune/mx/ect arms for sale obviously doesn't mean u can jump on a drag arm, were u told different?

#9 shustack

shustack

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

i originally ordered this arm in 1'' it came in 3/4 and he told me i would be fine for trail riding and hill climbing, he said his swingers take a beating. i dont really jump, at most maybe 2ft of air wile blazing up a hill or through a trail. but no crazy jumps for me, i didnt trust the arm so i was also even careful for it, he knew my 245lb fat ass was going to be on it and it was going to get some good use on the hills.

My next swinger will be used, dont have another couple hundred to shell out on another new one. But thanks for the tips fellas!

#10 Quadracers

Quadracers

YFZ GENIUS

• Vendor
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I've got a couple HD +4" swingarms that are built for duning, jumping, hill climbing. If your interested send me a PM, they have been barely used and are in "like new" condition.

#11 KT KID

KT KID

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Bad Ass Fabricator Is a Piece of shit! Ordered 2 from him for Raptors and both broke the first weekend on them and hes Lucky nobody got hurt when they broke! Sackashit wouldn't refund them there money either. Id Stay far away or Ban his a$$ from all sites in my eyes.

#12 badzr2

badzr2

I Own Tech

• Lifetime Member Blue
  • 1,415 posts
  • Interests:Beating Joe's drag bike

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Bad Ass Fabricator Is a Piece of shit! Ordered 2 from him for Raptors and both broke the first weekend on them and hes Lucky nobody got hurt when they broke! Sackashit wouldn't refund them there money either. Id Stay far away or Ban his a$$ from all sites in my eyes.

That's F'd up right there

#13 KT KID

KT KID

YFZ Tech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I sent 2 back to him over 2 yrs ago. Paid full price and had him build me them. First trip out both broke and bikes were only used for hill shooting in Idaho. He's lucky they were noticed before anyone could of been seriously hurt. Tried being polite for months and waited and waited. Never heard a word. That's horrible business in my eyes and hope he's out of business and wife left him at this point. I can go on and on.

#14 turd427

turd427

YFZ Guru

• Lifetime Member Pink
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think that's the same one I have on my wifes bike. Got it off eBay, look to see if he sells on there still, buy another and pay through PayPal and when you get it file a claim, dude deserves some shit sent his way. that way you have one that's not broken yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users